An Introduction: About The Blogger

No comments
Did you know that icebergs are 10-percent above water and 90-percent is hidden? I can say that this applies to us, people. This is the Iceberg Theory. 

  
I remember when I was still at the age of 16, I met someone I really loathe who thought he knew me and kept on disagreeing with me because my sister tells him a lot of things about me. So I told him this - "You only know 73 days out of 5840 days about me." 

You might see me as a ball of sunshine but let me tell you something about my past, my family, and I. Imagine yourself as a restless child at the age of 3 or 4. You wake up with the stench of beer dancing in the air, and you hear plates crashing, voices booming, items falling to the ground, and your life crumbling apart. You went out of your room, and you see your siblings with tear-stained faces, and your parents throwing punches at each other. And you, a child, confused; puzzled at the scene in front of you. I entered elementary in South Merville School. I always wanted to be alone. Since I was a child, I have this belief that I shouldn't befriend anyone at all because they will leave you - they are impermanent. As for my family, since I'm the youngest, I believed that they would die before I do so I detached myself from them. I taught myself to be independent. I know how to cook, to sell, to do the laundry, I can even do the grocery myself! When I was in fourth grade and on the 30th of December, I was already prepared to greet the New Year with open arms. But at nine o'clock in the evening, I heard the most blood-curdling, and heart-wrenching news. My Aunt, who was suffering from depression, has fallen victim to suicide. She was actually nothing special to me but for some reason, I blamed myself for her death. Five days before her death, my mother told me this as she handed me a perfume: "Please understand your aunt. She's been depressed and when you greet her,give this to her-" She shook the bottle of perfume gently "- and say,'I love you, tita. Merry Christmas!'" but it was easier said than. My life was ten shades darker after that and so, my family decided to move me to a Catholic school. I thought "I would start anew! I'll have many friends." but I was so wrong. From sixth grade, I was bullied but I acted as if I was clueless about the offensive and violating remarks about me. By that time, my favorite grandfather died three weeks before my grade school graduation. Then on my second year high school, everyone saw me as an alien. I would go home, and all I heard was fighting, my mother moved out and her duties were weighed down on me. I felt like I have no place on Earth and I wanted to rest. I wanted everything to stop. I tried to commit suicide. Fortunately, my sister caught me from my attempts and told my parents. They said: "Don't use a permanent solution to a temporary problem." 

 By third year, someone helped me and that was the climax of my life. She helped me stand up and told me to give justice to myself. I started to open up and I never knew that I'd get along with everyone. I owe her my life because she has led me to the right door. Jose Rizal wrote: "It is hard to resurrect someone who's already dead." but she has done that to me. She had awoken my dead soul and I lived on. Up to date, I have already befriended those people who had bullied me and I have forgiven them. I still live in a broken family but I am contented with the way my life is right now.  
  

You might not believe this but first impressions are not always correct. And this, my fellow reader, is the story of my life. Oh, and before I forget, A person has their ups and downs because if they don't have any, they're dead. Toot! 

No comments :

Post a Comment